Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sam Cassell Wants To Be A Celtic.

Sam Cassell has two championship rings, he's a big shot player and he still has something in his tank. He's played pretty darn good the past couple weeks for the lowly Clippers. On top of that, when he arrived in Minnesota he became an All-Star, they got better. When he arrived in Los Angeles, he nearly got the Clippers in the Conference Finals (Yes, that actually happened) and he played great.

Last night he said he wanted to join the Celtics, he's still a Clipper and the team has worked on maybe trying to trade him, or a possible buyout. The Celtics and Clippers faced off last night. Rajon Rondo is the young starting point guard for the Celtics, and Cassell showed the Celtics what he's made of and how bad he wants to be there, by, well, taking out Rondo.

The Celtics don't have enough to win a title, they're nowhere near as good as some people think. Though I must admit, I have to say Cassell would be a huge addition for them. He can still play and he can hit clutch shots. I also think Rondo going to their bench will improve the Celtics bench, one that isn't that great.

UPDATE: The Boston Globe reported Cassell was trying to buy out his contract so he could play for the Eastern Conference-leading Celtics. "There's no truth to it," Cassell said by telephone from Toronto, where the Clippers play Friday night. "I never said I wanted to buy out my contract. There have been no negotiations, the team hasn't come to me about that, I have not gone to them about that."
-CBS Sportsline

0 comments: