Thursday, February 07, 2008

All-Star Weekend Shooting Stars Competition

Does anybody else like this event?

I feel like the average person would think it's stupid and pointless, but I don't. I have sometimes enjoyed this event more than the actual 3-point shootout or the dunk contest.

I love this competition, it's great watching the old timers come out and fire up shots from half-court and even three pointers sometimes. Last year Detroit took the title with Chauncey Billups, Swin Cash (Detroit Shock) and Bill Laimbeer. Billups, Cash and Laimbeer are representing Detroit this year, here are the other teams.

Chicago: Chris Duhon, Candice Dupree and BJ Armstrong
Phoenix: Amare Stoudemire, Cappie Pondexter (2007 WNBA Finals MVP) and Eddie Johnson
San Antonio: Tim Duncan, Becky Hammon and David Robinson

I am pumped for this, I really want to see David Robinson back on the court, I love seeing the older players take the floor and show that they still have it. Laimbeer and his physical condition alone is totally worth watching, trust me.

0 comments: