Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Jason Kidd to the Mavs?

Let me get this straight...

First, Zo went back to Miami. Then Penny and Shaq got back together. Then Webber goes back to Golden State.

NOW...Jason Kidd might be going to the Mavs!?!? If only Grant Hill would have chosen Detroit over Phoenix!

This is great!! I loved the mid and early 90's so much, so this is exactly what I need to happen, let's all just live in the past! Hopefully if the Mavs get Kidd they will also go out and sign Jimmy Jackson, Jamal Mashburn too!

The Mavericks get involved in all trade scenarios, they also don't win championships, so this is always fun.

According to the Bergen Record (NorthJersey.com), the Nets are talking with the Mavs and Blazers about a three team deal:

-Kidd would go to Dallas
-Jarret Jack, Travis Outlaw, Jerry Stackhouse and expiring contracts DeSagana Diop and Devean George to New Jersey

The article doesn't mention what Portland would be getting, so who knows how legit these talks are. If I was Portland I wouldn't be ditching Jack and Outlaw unless I was getting serious talent back, those guys have played huge for them this season.

Other teams like the Cavaliers, Nuggets, Spurs and Suns are also interested. Supposedly the Lakers still might be in, but it doesn't look nearly as likely as it was last season.

This trade is going to happen, probably much closer to the deadline. If I'm New Jersey I'm also trying to find any taker for Vince Carter at this moment as well. Since Rod Thorn is a moron and kind of an arse in my opinion, I'm glad he has all the problems on his hand.

0 comments: