Tuesday, March 04, 2008

This isn't hoops, but it's still huge

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre has informed the team he plans to retire.

Favre was in the NFL for 17 seasons, 16 of which were in Green Bay. In my eyes, I think he's the greatest quarterback ever, at least the best I've seen. I was a late bloomer into football, and I'm no expert, but Favre was amazing. He was a man's man, he was so durable, so emotional, so energetic, so precise, so talented, so tough and just so damn great.

Tom Brady is a great quarterback, he's "the best" these days they say, but I would take Brett Favre over him in a minute. Favre isn't a pretty boy, Favre is the guy's guy, Brady is a Hollywood celeb, beyond a quarterback. Brady obviously has the hardware and great numbers as well, along with some records--but Favre wasn't involved in spygate, and obviously has plenty of numbers, hardware and records of his own.

I've seen Brett Favre do things that I don't think any quarterback that successful can do, or will do. The had guts, balls however you want to put it.

Brett Favre is the greatest in my eyes, it's a sad day in the NFL.

0 comments: