Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Rockets take all headlines, make it 20 in a row.

The Houston Rockets beat the Hawks 83-75 tonight after trailing 33-32 at the end of the first half. The Rockets have now won 20 games in a row, that is second all-time, tying the Milwaukee Bucks. They are absolutely rolling, guys like Chuck Hayes, Luis Scola, Shane Battier and more are doing whatever it takes to get the win and help out Tracy McGrady.

This team has one superstar active in McGrady, and a bunch of solid role players, they have a chance to possibly do something in the playoffs, but only time will tell.

This is incredible, 20 games in a row, I've never seen it before and odds are most of you haven't seen it either.

Think about it this way:
  • The last time the Rockets lost was January 27 against Utah.
  • Before the winning streak, the Rockets were 24-20, only four games above .500
  • Portland is currently three games over .500 and they are the 10th seed in the West
  • The Rockets are now 44-20 and are the third seed in the West, and one game out of first.
  • 2 comments:

    John said...

    I think during this winning streak, the one that hs improved the most is Luis Scola.

    If you agree/disagree with me, I would like to hear your response on my blog....

    http://mundoalbiceleste.blogspot.com/2008/03/nba-news-20th-straight-win-for-scola.html

    NBAroto.com said...

    What's up Pryceless....

    Love your blog, dude.

    I hear ya about Houston. I just don't think they can survive next week. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'll admit it.

    But I don't see them doing any better than 2-3. I predict 1-4. I think the Lakers (even without Pau) will destroy them. The Celtics will decimate them.

    The Hornets....I guess it is time to be a believer, so reluctantly I will be. I do think Houston can beat them.

    But the Warriors -- I don't think so. And Phoenix, I think the Suns can beat 'em.

    We'll see. It's easy to make predictions.

    Later