Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Rockets keep winning, make it 19

This is getting out of hand.

The Houston Rockets have now won 19 games in a row, they destroyed the
dismal New Jersey Nets tonight by more than I can count. They play in
Atlanta and at home against Charlotte this week as well, which means
this thing could very well hit 21 straight games. Right now, the
Rockets have the third best streak in league history.

Let's say they do hit 21 straight, their next 5 games are: Lakers,
Celtics, @ Hornets, @ Warriors and @ Suns, all in a span of Sun-Sat.
The streak will end soon, it's just a matter of when and against who.
On top of that, playing those 5 teams in six days could easily mean a
3-4+ game losing streak, which could even drop them nearly out of the
playoffs in the unfair Western Conference.

I'm excited to see how this plays out, would it be crazy to say
Wednesday in Atlanta? I hope it doesn't, I'm not going to lie, I'd
like it to continue for awhile. It's a good story, I just wish Yao
Ming could be out on the floor and be a part of it all.

In addition to tying the third longest streak in NBA History, they
also tied the longest streak of double digit victories (10 in a row).
I don't care if they beat Minnesota 19 times in a row, this is really
impressive. If they win Wednesday, they tie the 1970-71 Milwaukee
Bucks for the second best winning streak of all time.

If the playoffs started right now the Houston Rockets would face the
New Orleans Hornets, if I understand this silly seeding right. Would
that mean T-Mac finally gets out of the first round? I don't think so,
but I also thought there season was done two weeks ago.

1 comments:

John said...

I think Luis Scola has been fantastic and getting on well playing alongside T-Mac & Co.

What do you think? Would appreciate some comments from you...

http://mundoalbiceleste.blogspot.com/2008/03/nba-news.html