Friday, April 27, 2007

MVP.

No I will not give Steve Nash an MVP, he is a great player, but he lacks one thing.
No I will not give Dirk Nowitzki an MVP, he is an excellent player, but he lacks that thing too.

That thing is called....

say it with me...

DEFENSE.

I like defense, I think it is a great part of the game. I think defense needs to be played for a team to win a championship. I also truly think that we can not let the MVP go to a player who doesn't even play it. At least not this year, can't Nash and his fans, and Phoenix and Canada be happy with the underdog getting two MVPs?

Dallas had an awesome season. It was near perfect. Dirk didn't play defense though. So sorry Dirk. Beyond the fact that I would rather see the ball in Jason Terry or Josh Howard's hands than yours when there is critical time remaining, I also think you're not MVP worthy. I am glad that you recieved the hype though.

---

Those are everyone's favorite choices. We've had to hear the hype on these two guys all season long.

I'm irritated.

I would love to see Kobe finally win the MVP. The guy killed it again this year. Though LA barely made it into the playoffs, so I can't say he should get it.
---

So ladies and gentleman....your 2007 NBA MVP.....


TRACY MCGRADY

I think Tracy McGrady hasn't gotten the loved he deserved this season. He has so all over the place last year, I think a lot of people forgot about him.

How good has Houston been this season? They were without Yao Ming for how many games? There starting center in those countless amount of games was 41? Yes, he was 41.

T-Mac put up 25 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds a game this season. He did so much for that team, he was a true leader, and a great team player for them. On top of that, he plays on one of the best defensive teams in the league and is one of their best defenders, and such a versatile defender.

Without T-Mac this season, the Rockets were worthless. With him, they were one of the league's best. Whether Yao Ming was there, or not. Big Yao put up 25 points a game this season, that is the most by a center not named Shaquille O'Neal (or Amare 'I'm really a Power Forward' Stoudemire) in a long time. Thank T-Mac for some of that awesome progression.

Houston was 52-30 this season and Yao missed 34 games for them. I would honestly saw that that is a miracle.

That miracle's name is T-Mac (his helper is the underrated Shane Battier), and that's the truth.

Sorry to Canada and Germany.

(Photo:NBA.com)

0 comments: