Saturday, May 05, 2007

Problem with the Warriors sudden rise....

So if you couldn't tell I not only thought the Warriors would win this series, I also rooted for them to win it. I love the underdog story and I also think it was great for the NBA. The upset never seems to occur in the NBA, I guess the last big upset in the NBA was when the Pistons beat the Lakers, but was it really an upset?

I knew it was going to happen and I think many Pistons fans and people who watched that team play all year also thought so. Regardless, it is considered an upset. Other than that there hasn't been much. This was great for the Bay Area of California, and it was great to see those fans absolutely go nuts. A lot of those people have been rooting on that team through its struggle for years I am sure, and of course you will have your bandwagoners, but that usually happens at this point, or when they get to the Finals.

We saw some awesome fans, and as of right now, probably the best in the NBA. We also saw the awesome celebrity cameos at the game. Kate Hudson, Owen Wilson, Woody Harrelson (is that how you spell it?) and of course Snoop-a-loop Dogg.

So here is my problem...

These lovely celebrities who everyone knows and loves get to go back in the locker room and celebrate with the Warriors.

What a bunch of crap?!

Think of all the kids, the people who have rooted that team on for years who have been season ticket holders for the past 13 seasons, to watch a team, play pretty crappy for over a decade. All of those people, all of those great fans, yet, Snoop Dogg, Goldie Hawn's daughter and the guys from "Cheers" and "Wedding Crashers" get to go and celebrate with the team, that they've probably followed for all of 5 weeks tops?

Were any of these celebs there when they the Warriors played Charlotte earlier this season? What about when they played the Hawks or even a playoff team like the Raptors? I highly doubt it, and even if they were, who cares!?

Yeah, they might be "friends" with people on the team or whatever, but that is garbage.

I would feel pretty crappy about that if I was a die-hard Warriors fan, and just started seeing those turds coming to the games, and now they're the new "faces" for my team.

Yes, when the Pistons won the title Kid Rock partied with the guys, but in a sense, it's a bit different. Kid Rock is born and bred Detroit, he was representing the Pistons and a season ticket holder, before any title run and I actually felt his connection to the team.

This to me, is just another chance for these dorks to get their faces seen, and now it is the new "it" thing to do.

Sorry Warriors fans, I still wish your team continued success. I wonder who the next celeb to hop on your bandwagon is?

1 comments:

stroker9er said...

snoop Blog, bloggie blog!