Saturday, May 05, 2007

It's about to begin...

Yes, I am from Detroit and yes, I love my team. Though don't call me biased when I say I think the Pistons and Bulls is the best series yet in the NBA Playoffs.

A great storyline here: Two great defensive teams who play basketball the right way, Ben Wallace the Pistons' star player for 6 seasons now with the Bulls after bolting town last summer, the two best teams in the Eastern Conference (sorry Cleveland) and one of the best rivalries of the 80s and early 90s returns.

On top of that, the Bulls are back in the Playoffs again and in the second round, you've got to love it!

I think Detroit is the better team, but I wouldn't say it's by much. The matchups are great in this one and both teams are healthy. We are going to see an excellent seven game series. I think the Suns and Spurs will put on a good series, but not nearly as rugged as the one we are about to Witness between these two tough teams.

I know most everyone from Detroit expects a series victory, and I think Chicago people feel the same, but don't be surprised either way.

Detroit would not have swept Miami, let's make that clear.

The Bulls did, but it doesn't make them better than the Pistons. In a seven gamer, you have got to give the edge to the Pistons, at least at this point. The team has the experience, the bench is clicking and Billups is playing very well so far in the playoffs. Chauncey is the main guy for this team, and is the edge in the series. Yes, 'Sheed, Rip and the others need to play big, but if Billups does his thing, they will be hard to beat.

I don't expect the Bulls to be taken lightly though, and they shouldn't. They could easily come into this series and beat Detroit in six games, but IF Detroit plays their game, they should pull it out in six or seven themselves.

Detroit in 7, Matchup to watch: Tayshaun Prince vs. Loul Deng

**This is GOOD for the NBA**


Photo: Copyright 2007 NBAE (Photo by D. Lippitt/Einstein/NBAE via Getty Images)

1 comments:

stroker9er said...

I saw that guy steal a bike on cops once.