Friday, June 08, 2007

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

VS


The Spurs, yeah, they're an easy pick.

What about the Cavs? Are you serious? Kenny Smith called this at the beginning of the season he says, I don't remember, but I definitely take his word for it. I'm sure many Cleveland fans thought it was possible, but c'mon!

Being from Detroit, maybe I was a homer when I said, "The Pistons have this!" What do you expect, they should have won, based on talent. Though they slept on Cleveland and were ridiculously outcoached. Cleveland played with heart, something the Pistons didn't do. Cleveland wanted to be in the NBA Finals, so they deserve this.

I dog LeBron James an awful lot, but that guy proved something to lil' ole' me in the Eastern Conference Finals. He is a superstar, and he is going to be one of the best players of all-time. I'm not throwing his name with Jordan, Russell, Magic, Bird or Shaq yet--but in 15 years, I think we can say top 15, at least. Many people will think I'm being insulting saying top 15, as if he will be much higher--but there are some great players through the past near 60 years of NBA Basketball, and I'm not going to just hand that out, especially without any NBA ring and only 4 years experience.

Cleveland was taken the first game. LeBron wasn't the player many expect him to be. Credit jitters I'm sure, but credit Bruce Bowen too.

I think Game 2 will be different.

I think Cleveland can actually compete in this series, I would say it is possible they can win a title. I really do. They play great defense and with low scoring games like Game One, the Spurs benefit, but the Cavs can also take advantage of that.

The Spurs can easily go on and sweep this series, but if Cleveland plays out of their minds like they did against Detroit and uses each player on the court, whether scoring or as diversions for James--Cleveland can make this a good series.

Tomorrow is crucial, Game Two or not--Cleveland needs this game to give themselves some hope, to let the Spurs know they are for real and to have great momentum heading to Cleveland for three games. You cannot give the Spurs any chances, and letting them get up on you 2-0, is not a good move.

Should be a good one, Tim Duncan is definitely the man in the Finals and he proved that again on Thursday.

(side note: If LeBron averages under 22 ppg in this series, nobody but Bruce Bowen should be Finals MVP--that guy needs his due; of course that would have to mean a Spurs NBA Championship victory)

0 comments: